torstai 2. syyskuuta 2010

Season Two Episodes 11-13

Episode 11: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish
Great start for this set of episodes. One of the more emotional episodes of the series, although not up to the emotion of absolute greats in that matter. I fully enjoyed this episode. I love how Lisa talks in these earlier episodes, I wish she'd talk like that in newer episodes. But anyway, it's all about Homer in this one. He is in pretty good form despite showing some jerkass-symptoms early on but overall it's good showing from him. I guess it'd been nice to have explanation how the hell he didn't die to the poisoning, but I'm fine with the episode. There's decent amount of humor as well. In the end it all amount up to a 6/10 rating.

Episode 12: The Way We Was
This is an absolute classic and the first flashback episode. I guess the later flashback episodes manage to improve on it (at least Maggie Makes Three), but it sets the bar very high. There's another great plot, loads of good humor and lots of emotion. I'd say it's flawless episode, there's really nothing to complain about it. It adds depth to the family by establishing their history. But let's start from the beginning - it starts off with great McBain segment and then just keeps improving. Towards the end there's less laughs, but it's compensated by the fact that episode gets more emotional. You feel for Homer and Artie is just the perfect type of character for sort of antagonist. Say what you want but I'll go for first 9/10 for this one.

Episode 13: Homer vs. Lisa & 8th Commandment
Well if people considered "Homer's Night Out" preachy, then what's this one? We start off with a bible-based segment that's separate from the episode barring the obvius stealing theme. It comes off somewhat heavyhanded and like I said, preachy. That said I don't really consider this one bad episode. Lisa is completely correct in her ethical struggle, and it has pretty good satire in it as well But yeah, she's characterized perfectly and there's enough funny stuff and pretty solid plot to bring it up to 6/10. That said, I think it had potential to be even a bit better

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti