tiistai 14. syyskuuta 2010

Season Eight - Episodes 13-18

Episode 13: Simpsoncalifragilisticexpila(Annoyed Grunt)cious
What a horrible title. As an episode it's one of those weird ones that you don't know what to think about. In a sense the songs are charming and all but there really wasn't that great of a plot when you looked at it. Some jokes were funny so they kept it at least very watchable and as an different kind of episode it's certainly one of those memorable ones. Worst thing about it is the characterizations, for example Bart throwing cupcakes at the wall is something I cannot quite comprehend. Still, it's watchable and almost decent, 3/10.

Episode 14: The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show
This was quite fun episode. It has great metahumor all the way through, but I think they could've attacked the criticisms towards the show a little better. That said it's made well enough, for example Comic Book Guy is in his top form this episode. Bart's line about how "fans owe them" is nonsense though, I think writers should've tried harder, he could've said something that made more sense. But overall, great Itchy & Scratchy cartoons and even Poochie was awesome. Fun episode to watch, 7/10.

Episode 15: Homer's Phobia
Another pretty funny episode. I guess it's a little dated, but I guess there's still some Homers around nowadays. Besides it's not like it's even really a problem. John is a good character and he is fun around the family. Homer's worries are understandable even if he comes off as a jerkass in the end. There's plenty of good jokes and satire in it though, but the third act is pretty bad. That said it's overall a good episode and gets a 5/10.

Episode 16: Brother from Another Series
This is one of those episode I've seen many times already. It's one of the better Sideshow Bob episodes with an interesting role shift - Bob helping Bart's life instead of trying to take it. Cecil is a good one time character and the plot is good. There's a load of funny jokes and good satire and characterizations are pretty good. It's pretty much flawless episode and deserves 7/10.

Episode 17: My Sister, My Sitter
I have always some problems with these plots were Bart and Lisa go against each other. That said, in this I think Bart's behaviour is justified, he is notorious of making babysitter's life hell and getting orders from your little sister is obviously too much to swallow for any 10-year old. It was simple episode that really put Lisa through hell. It's kind of nice that it didn't affect her babysitting career after all, but it's kind of odd it didn't. There was solid amount of jokes and characterizations were mostly okay. Both Lisa and Bart were a bit streched in certain aspects, but not too much. Maggie on caffeine was great stuff. This gets 7/10.

Episode 18: Homer vs. the 18th Amendment
Because of later episodes St. Patricks day setting got me a little suspicious at the start since I didn't remember the episode. "Oh no, isn't this another mediocre episode?" I thought. But it turned out to be a pretty good epiosode. It had one of the most quatable lines in Simpsons history, I'm talking of course about "Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems". It had many other clever lines as well. Full of fun jokes and with a good plot, it's very solid episode. I don't really know what it lacks - after all, I didn't remember the episode, so it would be wrong to call it memorable. It's 7/10 for rating though.

Only six episodes today again. I'm a bit dissapointed in myself but what there's to do? There's limited hours in a day. We're halfway of the month and 171 episodes in, which means that if I don't step it up we'll end up to 342 episodes, over 100 episodes short. I should average about 20 episodes a day if I'm to watch all of them in a month That sounds pretty sick, but I'll give it a try..

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti