sunnuntai 12. syyskuuta 2010

Season Seven - Episode 10-15

Episode 10: The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular
Well, this works a lot better than normal clipshow. Not only there's plenty of unseen material, they don't have to do that much new stuff. That said I obviously prefer normal episode over these. It was nice to see the evolving of the characters during Ullman shorts-era towards their current designs and the unseen material was interesting. Troy Mclure was in his top form as well. Great for a clipshow, decent for standard episode, this deserves 5/10.

Episode 11: Marge Be Not Proud
I actually liked this a lot. There's lots of good emotion and even if it has very serious tone it manages to stay funny. Characterizations are perfect as usual. It had a few moments of sheer brilliance like Bart's snowman among the rest of the family's snowmen and the ending, which was very emotional. Some gags as well were particularly good, I especially loved "Thrillhouse" and in-game "Thrillho". Overall it's an excellent and memorable episode, albeit a little low-key. 8/10.

Episode 12: Team Homer
Another pretty damn good episode. Both plots were interesting. They really had fun with other bowling teams using old characters, some rarely seen ones. Skinner and Chalmers had some fun interactions as well. Scully wrote this and the previous one, proving that he is a good writer after all even if I didn't like Two Dozen and One Greyhounds. Subplot's resolution was a little bit lazy writing, but it's really only small problem once again. Let's hit this one with another 8/10. I'm feeling generous

Episode 13: Two Bad Neighbours
So this is the notorious Bush-episode. I hated this during the first run, but now I gotta say that I was entertained from start to finish. I had the quilty pleasure grin on my face for pretty much the whole episode lenght. It's really silly and wacky but kind of positive way. They make it obvious that they aren't serious with this episode so if you watch it from that perspective in helps you to enjoy this. Also not liking Bush helps. I'll go as high as 4/10 for this one. Sorry haters.

Episode 14: Scenes From Class Struggle in Springfield
Ouch. I though I were in good and generous mood in giving ratings today, but I was wrong. I absolutely couldn't bear this episode at all. I hardly could sit through it. Marge as a central character is hard enough to pull off as it is, especially when you characterize her like that.. Well she's a total bitch in this episode! That's not the Marge I know from earlier seasons. I don't think she'd fall for peer pressure that easily. I also think Lisa was somewhat mischaracterized in this one. That said, it wasn't all bad, Marge looked great in her new suit and the animation was good. I just fail to see the "story was good" etc. arguments that people seem to put out while giving decent reviews to this one. There was a slight relief in the end when Marge realized that she'd acted wrong, but I think it's streching the character too far to even get there in the first place. 1/10, one of the worst of all time.

Episode 15: Bart the Fink
This was a little drab as well. Not unbearable like the previous episode, but a little still a little stale. First act was great with many jokes, but after that it was fairly dry on humor frontier. Story was fairly good and characterizations were decent, that said it did get a little bit boring towards the end. Not bad, but not particularly good either, just made for 3/10 rating.

I'm gonna do a long day tomorrow after two days of slumber. See ya.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti