torstai 23. syyskuuta 2010

Season Fourteen - Episodes 1-4

Few episodes to finish off the day.

Episode 1: Treehouse of Horror XIII
Pretty solid THOH. All the segments were memorable, first one was the best but they were all pretty even. There could've been more funny stuff and some stuff were a bit too creepy, but it's solid effort and on par with requirements. My favorites were Homer-clone-horde and the shot of whole Springfield animalized - great sight gags. As for rating I'll give it 7/10.

Episode 2: How I Spent My Strummer Vacation
Another good episode. Quest stars were the whole point here and it's a memorable occassion with solid plot and lots of good laughs. I also thought it was cool to see clips during the credits from the recording of the voices. The ending was bit of a mess and the family crisis frame of it all felt a bit tacked on, but those were minor flaws in a decent episode. I'll go as high as 6/10 for this.

Episode 3: Bart vs. Lisa vs. The Third Grade
A decent episode, even if I don't particularly care for Lisa and Bart fighting -dynamic. I think that to get that deep into fighting they have to be a bit mischaracterized and although there was an effort to justify it, it was a bit too much still. They made up in the end, but that scene could've been better too. There's fair amount of jokes again, but nothing too special here. It's middle of the road, 5/10 episode.

Episode 4: Large Marge
Some people hate the premise of this episode, but I see nothing wrong with it. It's interesting and we get a whole lot of good visuals, if you know what I mean. Besides, it's a solid episode. Plot is relatively simple and well-constructed and there's enough good jokes to go around. If there ever is Simpsons fanservice, this episode is it. Solid 6/10 for this one.

That's the end of that day. I did 23 episodes today, about the daily quota. We're nearing the 300th episode. Seven full days to go and nearly 170 episodes to go. Basicly I can't have any off days anymore. Doing 30 episodes a day = record every day would leave me only little over a day to spare. Let's go for that first record tomorrow.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti