tiistai 7. syyskuuta 2010

Season Five - Episodes 1-3

Episode 1: Homer's Barbershop Quartet
I don't get why this episode gets so much praise.. Or wait a minute - I get it, but I don't share the view. Namely because I can't stand that style of singing. That said, "Baby on Board" was a tolerable song. There's plenty of fun stuff in this episode, certainly enough to call it a good episode. Lots of references too, half of which I didn't get on the first viewing. Not my personal favorite, but solid episode anyway. 6/10.

Episode 2: Cape Feare
This is a legendary episode. The rake scene has lost some of it's impact obviously, but I remember how funny it was in it's simplicity the first time I saw it. Besides, there's plenty of jokes that are still funny. There was lot of simple humor that works well, like Homer inviting Ned into their house and instantly telling him to get away. Then there's of course the abuse Sideshow Bob gets. It gets a little overboard, but I'm fine with it. It's not my favorite type of episode, but it still deserves 7/10. It's the best Sideshow Bob episode so far and at least in the upper echelon of Simpsons episodes overall. It's even favorite to many people - but it doesn't take multiple viewings as well as those that I view the best ones.

Episode 3: Homer Goes To College
Everything just doesn't click with this episode for me. It's funny enough, but the plot isn't up the standard and there's something wrong with the animation, characters seem really odd at times. People are saying also that this was the first instance of Jerkass-Homer, which might have a bit of truth in it - but it got much worse later on. That said, the nerds were great and the Itchy & Scratchy seemed like an amazing episode - you're really with Bart & Lisa when you can't see the ending - though it might be the part that makes it so great. I've always liked Scratchy more anyway. Itchy is a jerk. But yeah, this episode falls a bit short, 4/10.

It's funny to contrast Nohomers.nets reviews and those written at the time at snpp.com. Half of the old reviews are calling every other episode worst ever or that show sucks now, whereas those nowadays, reviews are mostly 100 % 5/5.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti