torstai 2. syyskuuta 2010

Season Two Episodes 1-3

Alright, time for Season Two. Let's go.

Episode 1: Bart Gets an F
Season Two starts with a classic episode. It's a very well made episode with terrific characterizations and well constructed plot. Not to forget the emotion that was there as well in the end. That said it was somewhat low on laughs, continuing first season's trend. It's hard to pick out any details to talk about, I liked it all, maybe the divine intervention to save Bart from the test bothered me, but only a bit. Lisa was on the background, but still well utilized. Everything else just pretty much works. 6/10 for this one - it avoids higher rating just for the slight lack of laughs, at least compared to other classics..

Episode 2: Simpson and Delilah
Another good episode, that said it had some properties that made it a bit tough to rate. I found Karl.. I don't know. I just wonder about his motives. But it had some funny moments, my favorite was when Lisa hoped for stability and Homer countered with "how about a pony?" It was once again well-constructed plot and characterizations were spot on. It also managed to squeeze a bit of emotion to the end. I don't really see a reason to give this anything lower than 5/10. Damn, my reviews really suck today but what can you do.. Maybe I revise these someday like I did in South Park blog - and by revision I mean add-ons.

Episode 3: Threehouse of Horror I
Wow, I had forgotten how great the first THOH was. Every segment was great in it's own way. First one had atmosphere and it was also incredibly funny. I loved the deranged faces of everyone when they got up to murder each other. Also the dialog with the house after that was great. The second segment was maybe the least memorable, but even it was very decent. And Kang & Kodos get introduced, another 20-year tradition is established there. The third segment wasn't funny or anything, but it had great direction and animation and I throughoutly enjoyed it. Atmospheric stuff, but not your basic Simpsons. It's 7/10 for this one.

I might do one stint more today, we'll see. Now I'm going to get a nap.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti