tiistai 30. marraskuuta 2010

Season 22, Episode 7 - First Impressions

I really didn't care much for the plot, but I just kept smiling for long periods in the episode. There was plenty of okay humor, especially Homer for the most part was funny in this one. That said, there were some jokes that definitely didn't work for me at all, like Chalmers "doing it" with Edna. I just felt bad for Skinner. There was a lot of cliché moments like Bart's early attempt to leave the bird. I kept waiting they'd do something unexpected with that, but it never happened. After all there was zero emotional load in that scene, so you would've expected at least some gag on it. I think they could've just had Bart say "No way I'm getting rid of this bird now" instead of writing useless scene like that. But they just like to waste time a lot nowadays. After the episode turned focus on Santa's Little Helper I really didn't care for it at all anymore. Most of the fourth act was just random. I also think that the bird opening his eyes was the perfect moment to end the episode, instead of actually showing it attack the Simpsons.

I feel that with an okay plot and less filler it could've been a good one. Couch gag had me groaning "oh no, they're making a long one again", but it wasn't too long after all and the concept was interesting.

All in all good humor, useless plot and lot of filler combining to make mediocre episode.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti